- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un hopped back into his Mercedes-Benz S-Class limousine during a lunch break at the Inter-Korea summit on Friday.
- Kim and the South Korean president Moon Jae-in had spent a couple hours participating in celebratory exercises and diplomatic meetings to mark the first conference between the two Koreas in more than a decade.
- As the North Korean leader departed for lunch, 12 bodyguards flanked his official limousine and ran alongside it as it drove back onto the North Korean side of the border.
When it was time to break for lunch, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un got into his official Mercedes-Benz S-Class limousine and it drove back over to the North Korean side of the border, as 12 bodyguards ran alongside the car. Naturally, that striking image was captured on video.
You can watch it below:
Kim Jong Un is going back to North Korea for lunch, complete with a platoon of body guards in suits running beside his Merc pic.twitter.com/oe3rmlzSgK
— Anna Fifield (@annafifield) April 27, 2018
Read more on the Inter-Korea Summit here:
- ROUND 1: South Korea’s president meets with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un in a historic summit
- Here’s the moment Kim Jong Un made history by stepping into South Korea
- LIVE!: The historic meeting between South Korea and North Korea is underway – here’s how it’s unfolding
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un: I don’t want to repeat history where we’re unable to fulfil our agreements
- US and South Korea agree to stop war games to keep Kim Jong Un happy during historic summit
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.