Photo: Mario Tama/Getty Images
The main focus Wednesday is on the ADP employment report, which is one of the last readings of the U.S. job picture before the nonfarm payrolls report on Friday. Monsanto and Bed Bath and Beyond are scheduled to announce quarterly results on Wednesday.Here’s what you need to know.
- The U.K. starts things off at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday evening with a reading of shop prices. Economists anticipate the index will increase 1.5 per cent in March.
- Indian services PMI follows at 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning. There is no consensus for this report.
- It’s back to the U.K. at 3:00 a.m. with a reading of home prices. Economists anticipate prices declined 0.2 per cent in March, following a 0.5 per cent sequential fall in February.
- Between 3:15 and 3:55 a.m., a series of eurozone services PMI data will be released by Markit Economics. Consensus estimates are for a gain in Italy (from 44.1 to 44.4) and no change in Germany and France, at 51.8 and 50.0.
- Eurozone retail sales follow at 5:00 a.m. Sales are expected to decline 0.2 per cent in February.
- At 6:00 a.m. Germany will announce monthly factory orders. Economists polled by Bloomberg forecast a 1.5 per cent expansion in February.
- Attention shifts to the U.S. at 8:15 a.m. with the ADP Employment Change, which last showed 216,000 new jobs. The March report is expected to show 206,000 net new positions.
- At 10:00 a.m. ISM non-manufacturing data will be announced. The index is forecast to fall 50 basis points to 56.8. A reading over 50 indicates expansion.
Below, the major earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
Monsanto (MON): $2.12
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY): $1.32
Consensus provided by Bloomberg. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.