- Kevin Jonas spoke to Insider about what fans can expect from the Jonas Brothers’ two new songs called “Five More Minutes” and “X” with Colombian singer Karol G, which will both be released on Friday.
- The musician, who’s promoting his partnership with the activity-based video-calling app Caribu, told us that he keeps finding himself singing “X” to himself because that’s how much he enjoys it.
- “For me to be singing my own music to myself is surprising, so I’m excited for the song to get out to people,” he said.
- He also described “Five More Minutes,” which the band performed a portion of at the Grammys, as “one of my favourite songs in this body of work that we have.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Jonas Brothers are gearing up to release two new songs on Friday, “Five More Minutes” and “X” with Colombian singer Karol G, and Kevin Jonas says the tracks will hopefully bring some positivity to fans’ lives.
The 32-year-old singer said the way he feels about the collaboration is reminiscent of how he felt about the band’s hit 2019 track called “Sucker,” which marked their musical comeback after a six-year hiatus.
“I can honestly say there was only one other time where I had a song of ours constantly in my head,” Jonas said. “It was ‘Sucker’ and ‘What a Man Gotta Do,’ but ‘Sucker’ specifically just kind of stayed there as kind of an earworm.”
— Jonas Brothers (@jonasbrothers) May 13, 2020
“I guess because I’ve been watching promo videos and other things that are all gonna be going out and other things that we’re going to be doing, I’ve been hearing this a little bit and I am singing it to myself,” Jonas added. “And for me to be singing my own music to myself is surprising, so I’m excited for the song to get out to people.”
Since returning in 2019, the Jonas Brothers (comprised of Jonas and his siblings Joe Jonas and Nick Jonas) dropped their fifth studio album titled “Happiness Begins,” went on tour, and released two documentaries on Amazon Prime Video.
They kicked off 2020 by releasing a song called “What a Man Gotta Do” with an accompanying music video filled with references to iconic movies, and performing the track at the Grammys in January.
“Five More Minutes” and “X” were both featured in their tour documentary called “Happiness Continues: A Jonas Brothers Concert Film,” which was released in April.
“I think ‘Five More Minutes’ is one of my favourite songs in this body of work that we have,” Jonas told us. “It was written at our writing camp when we went away as a group with all of our friends and it’s just fantastic. It feels good, it’s an amazing song.”
— Jonas Brothers (@jonasbrothers) May 12, 2020
Although the Jonas Brothers have yet to reveal a date for their upcoming album, the band thought that fans could use their music to bring some joy amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“I hope people know that the reason we’re releasing music now is because we want them to have new music in their lives,” Jonas said. “We want them to be able to enjoy music. And that’s something that can bring a lot of people together and it could be positive.”
“So hopefully us being able to continue to release from afar will keep the fans going and excited and keep doing their thing.”
- Read more:
- Kevin Jonas reveals how he’s been spending quality time with his family while self-isolating at home and his ‘one wish’ for Father’s Day
- Danielle Jonas opens up about starring in the Jonas Brothers’ music videos, her jewellery line, and how to enjoy Mother’s Day at home this year
- Watch the Jonas Brothers and their wives pay tribute to ‘Grease,’ ‘Risky Business,’ and more iconic movies in their newest music video
- The Jonas Brothers’ ‘What a Man Gotta Do’ music video is packed with hidden references. Here’s every detail you may have missed.