- Kevin Hart has opened up about his wife’s reaction to his 2017 cheating scandal.
- Speaking on the “School of Greatness” podcast, he said his wife, Eniko Parrish, held him “accountable” for cheating on her when she was pregnant.
- “She’s the strongest person in the world,” he added. “It wasn’t a walk in the park.”
- Hart said: “You really get to see who people are when adversity puts itself on display.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Kevin Hart has opened up about how his wife, Eniko Parrish, reacted when she found out that he was cheating on her.
Speaking on the “School of Greatness” podcast, Hart went into detail about how the couple made it through his 2017 infidelity, telling the host Lewis Howes that “all of the negative energy and negative information” came from people who weren’t in committed relationships.
“People that don’t have that don’t understand why you don’t want to let that go, because you have something that you’re actually building and working on,” Hart said.
Parrish “came to an amazing conclusion of, ‘I like the fact that we have a family, that we have a household, and I like the fact that we now got a job to do to get better,'” Hart said. “‘That’s what you owe me. You owe me the get better.'”
Of his wife, who was pregnant when he cheated on her, Hart added: “She’s the strongest person in the world. She held me accountable. It wasn’t a walk in the park. But it was her understanding that we don’t let the outside world affect our inside, and I credit her for setting that tone.
“You really get to see who people are when adversity puts itself on display.”
Watch the full video below:
Parrish first spoke about the ordeal in Netflix’s docuseries “Don’t F— Up,” in which she recounted how she found out about her husband’s affair via a direct message at breakfast.
“How I found out was a DM. I don’t know who it was,” Parrish said. “They sent me an edited video of Kevin and another woman. I was about seven or eight months pregnant. I was having breakfast, I opened my phone, and immediately I just lost it.”
Hart publicly acknowledged cheating one month after their son Kenzo was born in 2017, saying he was “beyond” irresponsible.
- Read more:
- Kevin Hart’s wife recounted how she found out he was cheating over social media while she was pregnant in a revealing new docuseries
- Kobe Bryant used only his left hand to dominate an entire basketball camp – including comedian Kevin Hart – when he was in high school
- Kevin Hart told Ellen he’d been ‘bombing a lot’ trying stand-up in front of his family while self-isolating: ‘It’s a stupid household’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.