- Kellyanne Conway, an adviser to US President Donald Trump, is leaving the White House, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.
- Conway informed the White House of her decision on Sunday, according to the Post. She will leave at the end of the month.
- George Conway, her husband, is a conservative lawyer and vocal critic of the president on Twitter.
- The news comes after Claudia Conway, her 15-year-old daughter, said she was “pushing for emancipation” from her family.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Kellyanne Conway, one of the longest-lasting advisers to US President Donald Trump, is leaving the White House at the end of the month, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.
The news comes after Conway’s 15-year-old daughter, Claudia, posted on Twitter that she is “pushing for emancipation” from her family.
George Conway, her husband and a prominent conservative lawyer, has also been a frequent and loud critic of his wife’s employer, helping found The Lincoln Project, a committee of anti-Trump Republicans.
According to the Post, Conway informed the White House of her decision on Sunday night. In a statement, she suggested that her departure was a joint decision made by her and her husband.
“Our four children are teens and ‘tweens starting a new academic year in the middle school and high school that will be conducted remotely from home for a least a few months,” Conway stated. “As millions of parents nationwide know, kids ‘doing school from home’ requires a level of attention and vigilance that is as unusual as these times.”
Conway is scheduled to address the Republican National Convention on Wednesday.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.