- George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, has been critical of President Donald Trump.
- He described what it has been like for him and his wife when out in public in Washington.
- Conway is just one of several current and former White House aides to be met in public places with criticism of Trump’s policies.
- He says he gives her a “harder time” about working for Trump than anyone on the street.
George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway who has been a notable critic of President Donald Trump, says he gives his wife a “harder time” than anyone they encounter in public about working for Trump.
Conway told The Washington Post that “it’s just endless selfies” when they are approached in public. But he said Kellyanne “has been getting a harder time from me about working for this administration than walking down the street.”
The Washington Post examined the experiences of many current and former White House aides and officials – such as Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon, Sean Spicer, and Sarah Huckabee Sanders – as they have faced scrutiny and criticism in public places both around and outside the nation’s capital.
At a DC grocery store last year, a man told Conway that she ought to be ashamed of herself, The Post reported.
- Miller and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen were both shouted out of Mexican restaurants in DC recently.
- Sanders was asked to leave a Virginia restaurant at the owner’s request/
- And Bannon was called a “piece of trash” by a customer in a Virginia book store on Saturday.
Former EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt was approached by a woman in a DC restaurant urging him to resign – which he later did.
Miller also once threw out $US80 worth of sushi after a bartender at the restaurant he ordered from flipped him off as he walked away, according to the report.
Before leaving his post as press secretary, Spicer was at least once the recipient of curse words from people driving by his home, the report said.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.