- Keanu Reeves appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Friday and revealed that “Speed” costar Sandra Bullock’s crush was mutual.
- Bullock was on DeGeneres’ show in December 2018 and spoke about how “sweet” and “handsome” she thought Reeves was.
- “She obviously didn’t know I had a crush on her either,” Reeves told the talk show host. He went on to say that they didn’t date because they “were working.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Reeves, who stars in “John Wick: Chapter 3,” appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Friday and spoke about the 1994 action movie. After DeGeneres shared clips of Bullock appearing on her show in 2018 and gushing over Reeves, the actor said he wasn’t aware that she liked him.
“She obviously didn’t know I had a crush on her either,” he said.
Reeves went on to say that they didn’t date because “we were working.” However, he did allude to having relationships with other costars. Reeves was previously in a relationship with late actress Jennifer Syme and reportedly dated “Babes in Toyland” costar Jill Schoelen.
“It was nice to go to work,” he added of Bullock. “She’s such a wonderful person, a wonderful actress.”
Read more: 29 actors who turned down huge movie roles
In December, Bullock opened up about her crush.
“I think about how sweet Keanu Reeves is and how handsome he was,” she said. “It was hard. It was hard for me to really be serious.”
The “Birdbox” star went on to say that she would giggle whenever he’d look at her, but they never dated in real life.
“There was just something about me that I guess he didn’t like.”
She also said that perhaps they have been friends for so long because they never pursued a romantic relationship.
Watch the video below (Reeves talks about his crush on Sandra at 2:48).
- Read more about Keanu Reeves:
- Keanu Reeves is the new face of Saint Laurent and people are loving it
- Keanu Reeves took a road trip with a bunch of stranded passengers after their flight had to make an emergency landing
- ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ isn’t better than the first 2 movies, but fans will still love watching Keanu Reeves take names
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.