- Katy Perry attended the 2019 Grammys on Sunday and wore a pink Balmain dress.
- Her outfit led to plenty of memes, with people comparing the creation to cupcakes, ice cream, cotton candy, and doll cakes.
- People also thought the singer’s look resembled household items, like feather dusters, vases, and loofahs.
- Perry joked about the memes by re-sharing them on her Instagram.
Perry was in attendance at the award show on Sunday at Los Angeles’ Staples Center and turned heads with her strapless outfit, which was fitted at the top and flared out past the waist. After fans saw the dress, they took to Twitter to react to the look.
Many agreed that the gown resembled a cupcake, based on its shape. Others compared Perry’s dress to sweet treats like ice cream, cotton candy, and Hostess Snow Ball cakes.
— Melissa Hernandez (@lifeofmelissah) February 11, 2019
Katys dress just looks like a Big. Fat. Candyfloss pic.twitter.com/9yM2jefyAO
— Katy Cat (@danish_katycat) February 11, 2019
Katy Perry’s dress reminds me of Hostess Sno Balls cakes. Now I want cake ???? pic.twitter.com/AT6xtI6Z7s
— Josette Galante (@Froggie37g) February 11, 2019
An overwhelming amount of people compared Perry’s look to doll cakes.
— dahiana (@daa_hiaana) February 11, 2019
— Harri (@black_holo_soul) February 11, 2019
She looks like a doll cake from the 60’s.
— paula branson ritterbeck (@PaulaRitterbeck) February 11, 2019
In my opinion… pic.twitter.com/9Nv62bGALi
— Anna Solennikova ???? (@AnnaSolenn) February 11, 2019
Omg why Katy Perry dress look like a damn vase? pic.twitter.com/0l4r4JzrQ9
— fairy jimin⁷ (@epiloguegloss) February 11, 2019
@katyperry With that Grammy dress you could put a lampshade on your head and look like a lamp.
But you'd still light up a room better than aybody else. Love you Katy!
— Dr Yes (@TheRealDrYes) February 11, 2019
YES you’re LIVING that lampshade, feather duster, Barbie cake dress fantasy !????????????????
— carly???? (@KatyCatCarly) February 11, 2019
Perry took notice of the plethora of memes and shared a few on her Instagram and Instagram story, including one that photoshopped her body onto a paint roller.
- Read more:
- Here are all the Grammys 2019 winners
- The 20 wildest outfits celebrities wore to the 2019 Grammys
- Miley Cyrus wore 3 ‘no shirt’ outfits at the Grammys and slayed them all
- Jennifer Lopez defends her controversial Motown tribute at the 2019 Grammys: ‘You can’t tell people what to love’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.