- Kate Spade was found dead in her New York apartment on Tuesday.
- A note was found on a bed near Spade’s body that was addressed to her 13-year-old daughter, Frances Beatrix Spade,TMZ reported.
- “Bea – I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!” the note said, according to TMZ.
The fashion designer Kate Spade was found dead in her New York apartment on Tuesday in what authorities reportedly believe was a suicide.
A note was found on a bed near Spade’s body that was addressed to her 13-year-old daughter, Frances Beatrix Spade, TMZ reported.
Citing law-enforcement sources, TMZ reported that the note said: “Bea – I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!”
A housekeeper found Spade in her home at 850 Park Ave. at about 10:20 a.m., The Associated Press reported, citing law-enforcement officials.
According to The New York Times, she was pronounced dead at the scene at 10:26 a.m..
A New York Police Department source told the New York Post that Spade left behind a note.
“At this point, there was a note left,” the department’s chief of detectives, Dermot Shea, told the Post. “The contents of that note, as well as the physical state of the apartment and the comments of the witness, lend to the credibility that it is an apparent suicide.”
* If you need help in a crisis, call Lifeline on 13 11 14. For further information about depression contact beyondblue on 1300224636 or talk to your GP, local health professional or someone you trust.
Remembering Kate Spade:
- ‘You don’t know me but I know you’: After Kate Spade’s death, people are sharing how the designer touched their lives through fashion
- Kate Spade has died at 55. Here’s the story behind the rise of her handbag empire.
- Kate Spade shared how she wanted to be remembered in a 2002 interview
- Kate Spade was totally detached from her namesake brand
- Kate Spade leaves behind her husband and business partner. Here’s what we know about their relationship.
- Kate Spade’s fans are reacting to her death with reminders about mental health
- Celebrities and fashion industry figures are reacting to Kate Spade’s death
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.