Kate Middleton is one of the most-emulated women in the world. Women rush to copy everything from her hairstyle to the brands she wore. But looking like Middleton is basically impossible for the average woman.
According to an analysis in the Australian Vogue, she spends about $160,000 a year to look as gorgeous as she does. We converted the amounts from Australian currency to dollars and rounded to the nearest hundred.
Here’s a basic rundown of her expenses, according to the magazine:
- About $56,000 on her wardrobe, which includes both cheap items from retailers like Zara and designer Stella McCartney duds.
- Getting a deluxe facial every two weeks: $6,600 per year.
- Keratin hair treatments and blow-outs three times a week cost $14,000 per year.
- The Duchess spends $3,100 per year on colouring her hair chocolate brown every six weeks.
- For all her cosmetics, Kate probably spends around $2,200 per year.
- Kate’s weekly manicure and pedicure cost about $6,700 per year.
- Her twice-weekly spray tans cost $13,000 every year.
- Kate also has miscellaneous expenses such as perfume, a personal trainer and skincare.
While the Duchess has more than her share of natural beauty, she definitely spends a lot for her polished look.
Fans shouldn’t beat themselves up for not being able to achieve her perfectly coiffed hair.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.