- Kate Middleton and Prince William attended a Christmas party for Royal Air Force families at Kensington Palace on Tuesday.
- Middleton wore a festive red plaid skirt by Emilia Wickstead and a black cropped cardigan by Brora.
- William was at her side in a light-blue, quarter-zip sweater with dark trousers.
Picking a festive yet chic outfit for a Christmas party can be a challenge, but leave it to Kate Middleton to show us how it’s done.
On Tuesday, the duchess attended a Christmas party for Royal Air Force families at Kensington Palace. Her outfit for the event was one of her most festive looks yet.
Middleton wore a $US1,112 pleated mid-calf length skirt by Emilia Wickstead with a red tartan pattern. She paired the skirt with a £209 ($266.55 USD) black cropped cashmere cardigan by Brora. A pair of black heeled boots completed the look.
Prince William was at her side in a light-blue, quarter-zip sweater, which he paired with dark-blue trousers and dark-brown shoes.
The party appeared to be a rather relaxed and festive occasion. The Daily Mail’s royal correspondent Rebecca English shared a video of the couple engaging in a brief snowball fight near the party’s snow machine.
Bit of a snowball fight going on here at Kensington Palace – even Kate’s private secretary getting in on the action! pic.twitter.com/Fnwq9Oe8Et
— Rebecca English (@RE_DailyMail) December 4, 2018
The party was held to honour families and children of deployed personnel from RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham that are currently serving in Cyprus. Kensington Palace previously announced that Middleton and William will be flying to Cyprus on Wednesday to visit serving personnel and families.
On 5th December The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will fly to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus to meet with Serving personnel, families living on the base, wider station personnel and members of the local community.
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) November 23, 2018
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton coordinated in festive shades of red for 2 separate solo engagements on the same day
- Meghan Markle officially overtakes Kate Middleton as the most powerful royal fashion influencer
- The 15 most popular members of the royal family, ranked
- Kate Middleton wore a new $US1,413 dress for Prince Charles’ birthday portrait, then recycled an old favourite for a day of engagements
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.