NBCKate McKinnon and Colin Jost on the latest episode of ‘Saturday Night Live.’
- NBC’s latest episode of “Saturday Night Live” included a “Weekend Update” segment about President Donald Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis.
- In the segment, Kate McKinnon appeared as a fictional “Dr. Wayne Wenowdis” to provide a second opinion on Trump’s diagnosis.
- As part of her character, McKinnon repeated the phrase “we know this” several times while in conversation with the host Colin Jost about Trump’s condition.
- McKinnon and Jost eventually burst into laughter. Jost asked: “Kate, are you OK?” She responded: “Obviously, I’m not.”
- “It’s such a crazy time and this is something I started doing to cope,” the actress said, turning to the studio audience and Jost. “I have a lot of wigs and mustaches at my disposal, and it’s refreshing to play a character who ‘know this.'”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
- Read more:
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ addresses the 2020 vice-presidential debate in a divisive sketch about the fly and Herman Cain
- Pete Davidson calls out JK Rowling on ‘Saturday Night Live’ for her transphobic comments
- Twitter is losing it over Maya Rudolph joking that America needs a ‘WAP’ or ‘woman as president’ during debate sketch on ‘SNL’
- Alec Baldwin defends his decision to portray Trump on ‘SNL’ during the president’s COVID-19 hospitalisation
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.