- “Saturday Night Live” comedian Kate McKinnon pretended to be Reese Witherspoon during an appearance on “Billy on the Street” on Wednesday.
- The comedian duped several New Yorkers into thinking she was the “Big Little Lies” actress.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Kate McKinnon donned a summer dress and put on her best Southern accent to impersonate Reese Witherspoon in a new episode of “Billy on the Street” released Wednesday.
The popular web series follows host Billy Eichner walking up to people in New York City, accompanied by a different celebrity in each episode. His guest on May 29 was McKinnon, a star of “Saturday Night Live” known for her many impressions, from Hillary Clinton and Justin Bieber to former attorney general Jeff Sessions.
She pretended to be Witherspoon for the episode, who is currently on a press tour for the upcoming season of “Big Little Lies.”
Despite being one of the most recognise able stars on “SNL,” most of the New Yorkers they walked up to on the street believed McKinnon was Witherspoon.
One man went so far as to claim he had actually met Witherspoon before at an event. It was only at the end of the video that two passerbys recognised McKinnon immediately.
Watch the full clip below:
- Read more:
- Ansel Elgort posted 17 shirtless selfies to Instagram and people have a lot of questions
- ‘Game of Thrones’ star Kit Harington checked himself into ‘a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues’
- The new ‘Game of Thrones’ documentary shows an annoyed Conleth Hill reacting to his character Varys’ fate
- Serena Williams’ latest Instagram post has people convinced she was visiting Meghan Markle and her new baby, but it was actually taken in a Paris hotel
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.