We already knew that Karl Lagerfeld, the creative force behind Chanel, was weirdly obsessed with his new Siamese cat, Choupette.
But thanks to a new Q&A with the designer in Harper’s Bazaar, we now know a bit more about the extent to which he spoils his precious feline.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Choupette has two maids, and Lagerfeld’s driver also takes care of her. “The doctor had never seen a cat with so many people taking care of her,” says Lagerfeld.
- Her dishes are by Goyard, a Parisian luxury goods maker best known for its handbags. “She has one for water, one for her little croquette, and one for her pâté,” Lagerfeld tells HB.
- Her two maids keep a precise diary of her day, which Lagerfeld follows closely. That includes two daily brushings.
- Like your average cat, she prefers the smell of “juicy food” to Chanel No. 5.
- Her favourite toy is a shopping bag. What else would you expect from a feline named Choupette Lagerfeld?
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.