Hill HolidayGood morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
Karen Kaplan might have started as a receptionist, but 30 years later the ad leader is stepping up as the CEO at Hill Holiday. That’s a pretty impressive rise. She’s taking over for Mike Sheehan.
El Al picked Soubriet Byrne & Associates as its new agency of record for U.S. work. The airline spent $389,000 on ads last year, according to Nielsen.
LG moved most of its global media from Mindshare to Havas, Ad Age reports.
Vanity Fair is trying to become better connected with the advertising world. The publication launched a weekly email called “The List” that keeps 1,000 agency folk aware of what’s going on in the issue.
Here’s what went into creating Oreo’s ad campaign. The cookie has made it past the centennial and turning 101.
Lotame Solutions Inc. launched Crowd Syndicate, a data management solution that gives publishers, ad networks, and brands a way to share first-party data in a permission-based system.
SoundCloud opened a New York office to sell native ads.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- LivingSocial’s ‘Pistol Instruction & Tequila Tasting’ Deals Draw Protests
- The Ex-Premier Of Bermuda Thinks I’m A Racist Because I criticised His Ad Spending
- JCPenney Is Done Apologizing And Says ‘Thank You … You’ve Come Back To Us’
- The 37 Richest People In Advertising, Ranked By Income
- 15 Corporate Logos That Contain Subliminal Messaging
- Late-Night Debauchery At ‘Club Applebee’s’ Has Helped Boost Its Stock
- At Age 39, Kate Moss Bares All For St. Tropez Self-Tanning Brand
- AD OF THE DAY: This Cutesy Oreo Commercial Is Strangely Transfixing
- LinkedIn Is Looking For A Director Of Ad Products
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.