- Rapper Kanye West has banned his daughter North from wearing makeup and crop tops due to his newfound Christian faith, according to interviews with both West and his wife Kim Kardashian West.
- “I don’t think North should wear crop tops just because I had her wearing a slip dress when she was two years old,” West said during an interview with Zane Lowe on Apple Music’s Beats 1 radio.
- “I think and feel differently now, now that I’m Christian,” the rapper continued.
- Kardashian West shared a similar statement with “E! News” recently.
- “North is trying to get in on the makeup, but she’s being blocked heavily because her dad has stopped all makeup for her until she’s a teenager,” she said, adding, “it’s a big discussion, a big fight in the household right now.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rapper Kanye West has banned his daughter North from wearing makeup and crop tops due to his newfound Christianity.
“I don’t think North should wear crop tops just because I had her wearing a slip dress when she was two years old,” Kanye told Zane Lowe on Apple Music’s Beats 1 radio.
“I think and feel differently now, now that I’m Christian, now that I’m the founder of a three-billion-dollar organisation and married for five years,” the rapper added.
West’s wife Kim Kardashian West also spoke about her daughter’s relationship to makeup in a recent interview with “E! News.”
“North is trying to get in on the makeup, but she’s being blocked heavily because her dad has stopped all makeup for her until she’s a teenager,” the reality star said.
“It’s a big discussion, a big fight in the household right now, but it is what’s best.”
And at a recent event to promote her new makeup line, Kim even shared that she’d gotten “in trouble” for letting North wear makeup previously.
“I’d let her wear – you know, she has a little red for Christmas – I’d let her wear a red lip, or I’d let her do one pop of something. I’d let her, if she’s wearing a black dress, a black lip” she said, adding, “So I kind of got in trouble for that.”
Merry Christmas ???? pic.twitter.com/SQRHMpVrzq
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) December 26, 2018
Kim revealed her husband wasn’t supportive of North’s foray into cosmetics.
“I think [West] had it. He changed all the rules,” she said. “So now, it’s no more makeup.”
This isn’t the first time Kanye’s religion has caused him to speak up about his female family members’ fashion senses. A recent episode of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” revealed that the rapper nearly derailed Kim’s eye-catching Met Gala look because it was “too sexy.”
Kanye also made headlines recently when he casually mentioned that he’d asked those working on his upcoming album “Jesus Is King” – which still hasn’t been released yet, despite months of speculation – to abstain from premarital sex.
- Read more:
- Kanye West says he will be US president one day, has kicked porn addiction that started at age 5 in wild interview
- Kanye West says he asked people not to have premarital sex while working on his new album
- Kanye West almost derailed Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala look because he thought it was ‘too sexy’
- Kanye West was slammed by Christians for calling his new album ‘Jesus Is King’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.