- Kanye West‘s highly-anticipated ninth album – “Jesus is King” – was set for release on Friday, but delays have left fans wondering when they will get new music from Yeezy.
- Friday evening, Kim Kardashian West announced via posts on Twitter and Instagram that her husband’s new album will drop Sunday and that an IMAXfilm titled “Jesus is Lord” will be available to fans in October.
- This isn’t the first album West has delayed recently, as the rapper postponed a previous project titled “YANDHI” indefinitely after multiple delays.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Kanye West was expected to drop his highly-anticipated ninth album – “Jesus is King” – on Friday, but with no new music materialising on its set release date, Yeezy faithful have been left guessing when they will get new content from the “Stronger” and “Gold Digger” rapper.
But Kim Kadarshian West – West’s wife and the mother of his four children – gave fans an updated timeline and a sneak peak at the album’s tracklist via her Instagram and Twitter accounts.
After sharing footage of their 6-year-old daughter, North West, singing along to West’s Sunday Service in Detroit on her Instagram story, Kardashian West posted what appears to be a handwritten tracklist for “Jesus is King” on Twitter and subsequently announced that the album will drop on Sunday after West hosts a pair of listening sessions this weekend.
Have faith… pic.twitter.com/2HF4HiPQoq
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) September 27, 2019
“Water,” the fourth title listed on Kardashian West’s tracklist, may be familiar to fans who keep a close eye on West, as he has performed the song at multiple of his Sunday Services – including the one he organised at Coachella earlier this year, according to Variety.
But other songs scrawled on the Marriott notepad came as more of a surprise to Yeezy enthusiasts. “New Body,” a song West has reportedly been tweaking for months that leaked in July, has finally made its way into an album.
Fans suspected that the jam featuring artists Ty Dolla $ign and Nicki Minaj would be included in West’s forthcoming project “YANDHI,” which he delayed multiple times before postponing its release indefinitely with a tweet in November.
It felt so good being on the stage last night with my brother Cudi. After performing again, I realize the new album I’ve been working on isn’t ready yet. I’ll announce the release date once it’s done. Thank you for understanding.
— ye (@kanyewest) November 13, 2018
It wasn’t the first time Kardashian West had revealed information about her husband’s projects. In fact, the reality show star and fashion mogul first revealed the initial release date and tracklist for “Jesus is King” via her Twitter late last month.
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) August 29, 2019
On Friday, Kardashian West also shared footage of a listening event for the album that her husband hosted at Detroit’s Fox Theatre.
JUST IN: Kanye West will bring “Jesus Is King: A Kanye West Experience” to #TheFox tonight at 8PM. Guests are encouraged to arrive early. Doors open at 6:30PM. Tickets are free, general admission and only available via https://t.co/Sf9zcR6qqf. pic.twitter.com/1VPsHAin4T
— Fox Theatre Detroit (@FoxTheatreDet) September 27, 2019
And she even released a video on her Instagram story of fans at the venue dancing to the second song on the aforementioned tracklist, which is titled “Follow God.”
West also shared a clip from his upcoming IMAX film – “Jesus is Lord” – with fans at Friday’s event, and Kardashian West posted a video of the crowd taking it in with a note suggesting that the movie will be released in October.
According to Kardashian West, West will host another listening event in Chicago Saturday before travelling to New York City for one last fan preview prior to the release.
- Read more:
- People think Kanye West’s new Yeezy slip-on sneaker clogs made out of foam look a lot like Crocs
- Scott Disick gave his daughter Penelope’s room a $US20,000 pink makeover. See the before-and-after photos.
- 24 times celebrities looked amazing wearing the same outfits
- Serena Williams shared a photo with Alexis Olympia Ohanian wearing identical tutus, continuing their streak of matching mother-daughter style
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.