Advertising creative directors shape the public’s tastes. They dismiss hours of work after a brief glance. They are aspiring Don Drapers. They revel in their ego.
Obviously not all creative directors are egomaniacs, but a new site is poking fun at the stereotype by asking if you can distinguish between an actual Kanye quote and an actual adman quote.
Here are some examples from “Kanye vs Creative Director,” with the answer key at the bottom of the post:
1. “If I haven’t heard of it, it hasn’t happened.”
2. “I think that’s a responsibility that I have, to push possibilities, to show people: ‘This is the level that things could be at.'”
3. “I have a lot of time on my hands because I’m rich.”
4. “Sometimes I get emotional over fonts.”
5. “I have nothing left to prove.”
New York agency The Concept Farm’s John Gellos, a creative director himself, came up with the idea. He told Digiday that he was inspired after seeing his power tripping interview with Jimmy Kimmel that settled their feud.
Check out the full quiz experience at Kanye vs Creative Director’s website. Visitors can also submit anonymous quotes said at their own agency
Answer Key — Kanye: 2, 4. Creative: 1, 3, 5.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.