- In an Instagram story posted on Thursday night, Justin Bieber said the chicken sandwich from Popeyes is “good, but it’s not worth the hype.”
- The singer then posted a video of a large cup of sweet tea from the fast-food chain, calling it “bangin’ though.”
- Popeyes recently relaunched its chicken sandwich after the wildly popular menu item sold out in August.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
On Thursday night, Justin Bieber posted an Instagram story in which he admitted to his 121 million followers that he doesn’t think the wildly popular chicken sandwich from Popeyes is “worth the hype.”
The 25-year-old singer picked up three sandwiches from the chain to put to the test.
“I gotta see what all this hype is about … All this hype on the Popeyes chicken sandwich … Let me see what we got here,” he said in his first Instagram story.
After tasting one of the sandwiches, Bieber followed up with a story that was captioned, “Not worth the hype.”
In the story, the singer can be heard chewing and saying, “It’s good but it’s not worth the hype.”
However, the following story showed a large cup of sweet tea from Popeyes that Bieber said was “bangin’ though.”
The singer’s opinion comes days after the relaunch of the Popeyes chicken sandwich. Upon its initial release in August, the chicken sandwich sold out in just two weeks and led to chaos and violence at Popeyes locations across the country.
While Justin Bieber may not be the biggest fan, customers still appear to be devoted to the chicken sandwich. Business Insider reported that customer visits to Popeyes on Sunday, the day of the relaunch, surpassed the peak traffic during the original launch.
- Read more:
- The Popeyes chicken sandwich might be even more popular the second time around as restaurants report long lines and soaring sales
- A little boy dressed as the Popeyes chicken sandwich for Halloween, and you won’t see anything cuter
- We compared Popeyes’ discontinued chicken Po’ Boy to its new fried chicken sandwich, and we can see why the new sandwich became such a massive hit
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.