- Justin Bieber celebrated his clear skin by posting selfies to his Instagram Story thanking his wife Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin) for her help.
- Hailey had previously promised that Bieber would have “glowing perfect skin” by the time the coronavirus quarantine was over.
- Her comments came after Bieber opened up about his self-confidence issues due to his acne in an episode of Facebook’s “The Biebers on Watch” in May.
- He had previously attributed his skin problems to Lyme disease, which he said in January he had recently been diagnosed with.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Justin Bieber is celebrating his clear skin after opening up about his acne on a May episode of Facebook’s “The Biebers on Watch.”
At the time, Bieber had said of his acne: “It definitely bugs me. I wear a hat a lot more, which then probably makes it a lot worse.”
He added: “It’s the worst for your self-confidence [especially because of] all these filters on Instagram. People are like looking perfect with their skin and you feel like that’s a reality, but in reality a lot of people probably have bad skin.”
In another video for the same series, his wife Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin) made a pledge that “by the time we exit this quarantine, he is going to have glowing perfect skin.”
On July 25, two months after Baldwin’s promise, Bieber showed off his clear-looking skin on his InstagramStory, captioning the photo: “Skin ???? thanks @haileybieber.”
Hailey shared the photo to her own Instagram story, and wrote: “Healthy skin? We love to see it.”
Bieber had previously addressed his skin in January when he hit back at internet trolls who were making fun of him for his acne. He explained on Instagram that he had recently found out he has Lyme disease, which he said was the cause of his bad skin.
Bieber wrote: “While a lot of people kept saying Justin Bieber looks like s—, on meth etc. they failed to realise I’ve been recently diagnosed with Lyme disease, not only that but had a serious case of chronic mono which affected my, skin, brain function, energy, and overall health.”
The Instagram post has since been deleted.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.