Photo: Adam Pretty / Getty Images
At the beginning of each month, Markit, HSBC, RBC, JP Morgan and several other major data gathering institutions publish the latest local readings of the manufacturing purchasing managers index (PMI) for countries around the world.
PMI is one of the best leading indicators of the economy.
Each reading is based on surveys of hundreds of companies. Read more about it at Markit.
These are not the most closely followed data points. However, the power of the insights is unparalleled. Jim O’Neill, Chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management, believes the PMI numbers are among the most reliable economic indicators in the world.
Click here to refresh this page for the latest updates to our scorecard >
- Japan: Markit/JMMA Manufacturing PMI — 47.9, down from 49.9 in June
- Netherlands: NEVI Netherlands Manufacturing PMI — 48.9, unchanged from 48.9 in June
- South Korea: HSBC South Korea Manufacturing PMI — 47.2, down from 49.4 in June
- China: Official PMI — 50.1, down from 50.2 in June
- Taiwan: HSBC Taiwan Manufacturing PMI — 47.5, down from 49.2 in June
- Vietnam: HSBC Vietnam PMI — 43.6, down 46.6 in June
- China: HSBC China Manufacturing PMI — 49.3, up from 48.2 in June
- Indonesia: HSBC Indonesia Manufacturing PMI — 51.4, up from 50.2 in June
- India: HSBC India Manufacturing PMI — 52.9, down from 55.0 in June
- Russia: HSBC Russia Manufacturing PMI — 52.0, up from 51.0 in June
- Ireland: NCB Republic of Ireland Manufacturing PMI — 53.9, up from 53.1 in June
- Poland: HSBC Poland Manufacturing PMI — 49.7, up from 48.0 in June
- Turkey: HSBC Turkey Manufacturing PMI — 49.4, down from 51.4 in June
- Spain: Markit Spain Manufacturing PMI — 42.3, up from 41.1 in June
- Czech Republic: HSBC Czech Republic Manufacturing PMI — 49.5, up from 49.4, in June
- Italy: Markit / ADACI Italy Manufacturing PMI — 44.3, 44.6 in June
- France: Markit France Manufacturing PMI — 43.4, down from 45.2 in June
- Germany: Markit / BME Germany Manufacturing PMI — 43.0, down from 45.0 in June
- Eurozone — Markit Eurozone Manufacturing PMI — 4:00 AM EST, 45.1 in June
- Greece: Markit Greece Manufacturing PMI — 41.9, up from 40.1 in June
- UK: Markit / CIPS UK Construction PMI — 45.4, down from, 48.6 in June
- Australia: AiG and PwC PMI — 5:00 AM EST, 47.2 in June
- Brazil: HSBC Brazil Manufacturing PMI — 9:00 AM EST, 48.5 in June
- US: Markit US Manufacturing PMI — 9:00 AM EST, 52.5 in June
- Canada: RBC Canada Manufacturing PMI — 9:30 AM EST, 54.8 in June
- Mexico: HSBC Mexico Manufacturing PMI — 10:30 AM EST, 55.9 in June
- GLOBAL: JPMorgan Global Manufacturing PMI — 11:00 AM EST, 48.9 in June