- If Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez aren’t in bad enough moods this morning, this ought to do it: people are starting to murmur about the precipitous drop in their batting averages since their respective breakups. Since Rodriguez broke up with Cameron Diaz, his has plunged to .150 — Jeter, meanwhile, has seen his number fall from .299 to .264 since splitting with Minka Kelly.
- Meanwhile, things are purely great for Nick Swisher’s wife Joanna Garcia. The former “Better With You” star booked a new pilot that’s launched a bidding war in Hollywood — ABC, NBC and CBS reportedly all want it.
- Last sports-related item, we swear: Jay Cutler showed up to support Kristin Cavalleri on “Dancing With the Stars” yesterday. (Perhaps Jeter and A-Rod advised him to win back his famous girlfriend, pronto.)
- Here’s what Amanda Knox looked like going home — we’re impressed if she’s owned that very on-trend sweater since 2007.
- Olivia Wilde is officially divorced. Have at it, world.
- Turns out “Hung” was an extremely natural fit for actor Thomas Jane; Jane recently told the Los Angeles Times he used to be homeless and occasionally prostituted himself.
- J.R. Martinez’s routine on “DWTS” brought the crowd and judges to tears last night — the veteran dedicated it to fallen troops. (Video below.)
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.