- Jorge Masvidal checked-in to his UFC hotel at “Fight Island” wearing a Donald Trump coronavirus mask and a bright pink Versace robe.
- Masvidal won the “Baddest Mother F—–” belt by beating Nate Diaz in his last fight late last year, a bout Trump watched from cageside.
- Trump was so impressed by Masvidal he formally invited him to the White House. Though it is unclear if Masvidal has visited yet, he told Insider at the time that he wanted to go.
- “He’s done a lot of crazy s— that a lot of people wish they could do,” Masvidal, who fights Kamaru Usman on Saturday, said of Trump.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
FIGHT ISLAND – Jorge Masvidal made an entrance this week as he checked-in at his UFC Fight Island hotel wearing a Donald Trump mask and a bright, Miami pink Versace robe.
Masvidal was drafted in by UFC decision-makers on a week’s notice to replace Gilbert Burns as Kamaru Usman’s UFC 251 opponent.
Masvidal will fight Usman for “The Nigerian Nightmare’s” welterweight championship at UFC 251, the first of the UFC’s four event residency on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, which starts Saturday, July 11.
As Masvidal only knew he was going to compete last weekend, he had to quickly test negative for the coronavirus in the United States, charter a flight to Abu Dhabi, submit to further testing while in quarantine, while also ensuring he cuts enough weight to fall below the 170-pound limit.
Though the Floridian had to rush to “Fight Island,” he ensured he packed the essentials – including a Donald Trump coronavirus mask.
Masvidal was crowned ‘Baddest Mother F—–‘ in front of Trump
Masvidal punctuated a remarkable year in 2019 when he bruised, bloodied, and beat Nate Diaz to win the “Baddest Mother F—–” bout, doing so in front of Trump who was cageside at the time.
Trump tweeted: “Great fight, champ!” after watching Masvidal win, to which Masvidal replied: “Very humbling moment. Real recognise real.”
Late last year, when Trump was being impeached over abuse of power charges, Masvidal told Insider what he liked so much about the sitting president. Put simply, it’s because he’s “one bad mother f—–.”
“He’s going through a lot getting impeached but no matter your views on him, that’s one bad mother f—–. He’s done a lot of crazy s— that a lot of people wish they could do,” Masvidal said.
Masvidal added that Trump thought he was a “cool, young guy” and formally invited Masvidal to the White House.
Though it is unclear if he has visited, Masvidal told us he wanted to go.