ESPN’s Jon Gruden goes a bit off the rails during Monday Night Football broadcasts from time to time.
He’s hyper-energetic, and sometimes odd things come out of his mouth as a result.
They’re hilarious out of context:
- “Mike, did you ever see the movie ‘Cast Away?’ In that movie, Tom Hanks’ only friend was a ball named Wilson. In this game, Russell Wilson’s only friend is a football.”
- “Ultra high speed slow mo”
- “He should voicemail get open!”
- “Mike, the best band to ever come out of Seattle was, of course, Pearl Jam. And that’s what I expect the Seahawks to do — just jam it up the middle.”
- “The Seahawks defence has to go balls deep to win this game.”
- “I bet you like sitting at red lights.”
- “I just wanna see some football.”
- “I’m going to scare a lot of kids Thursday night.”
ESPN has gotten incredibly unlucky with its MNF slate this year. At least Gruden is keeping the people entertained.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.