Amazon Studios/Walt Disney StudiosJohn Krasinski bulked out for ’13 Hours’ and Amazon’s ‘Jack Ryan.’
- John Krasinski appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and broke down his Captain America audition, which he said was ruined by Thor himself, Chris Hemsworth.
- Krasinski told the host Ellen DeGeneres that Marvel hadn’t yet offered the role to Chris Evans and wanted to “see who else was out there.”
- Krasinski told DeGeneres that the audition was “really fun” but culminated in his putting on the skin-tight Captain America suit: “I was putting the suit on, and I was halfway up not wearing any other clothes other than this.”
- Krasinski then told DeGeneres that “right at that moment, Chris Hemsworth walked by and was like, ‘You look good, mate!’ And I was like, ‘Nope, you know what, it’s fine, we don’t have to do this.'”
- Krasinski said Hemsworth was “jacked” and told him, “You’re going to look great in that suit,” to which Krasinski replied, “Don’t make fun of me, Hemsworth!”
- Krasinski previously told the story to Conan O’Brien in 2016, which was around the time he buffed up for his roles in “13 Hours” and Amazon’s “Jack Ryan.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
- Read more:
- The trailer for ‘A Quiet Place Part II’ is here and teases the first moments where the monsters came to earth
- A brief history of John Krasinski’s transformation into a guy who loves the CIA
- Chris Hemsworth’s wife says they argue about where all of Thor’s hammers are placed around their home
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.