Way back in the first dawning of the internet, John Doerr predicted in an article for The San Francisco Chronicle, “It’s possible that the Internet in fact has been under-hyped. I think we’re witnessing the creation of a brand new medium that will possibly be more important than network television.” Turns out he was right, and Doerr quickly became a Silicon Valley legend.
As a partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Doerr has invested in some of the most successful entrepreneurs and businesses in the world, such as Amazon.com, Netscape, Sun Microsystems, and Compaq. He serves on the boards of Google, Amyris, and Zynga. Recently he has shifted much of his focus to alternative energy and clean-tech companies and to fixing the economy as a member of the U.S. Economic Recovery Advisory Board, appointed by President Obama in 2009.
Business Insider will host John Doerr on stage at IGNITION 2014, where Jeff Bezos, who received funding from Doerr in the early days of Amazon.com, will join him. Don’t miss BI’s editor-in-chief, Henry Blodget, leading a three-day program of brilliant minds taking a deep dive into the future of digital.
- Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos
- Accel Partners’ Jim Breyer
- athenahealth CEO Jonathan Bush
- Whisper CEO Michael Heyward
- Evernote CEO Phil Libin
- Shutterstock founder and CEO Jon Oringer
- Oculus VR CEO Brendan Iribe
- Bloomberg Media CEO Justin Smith
- Mailonline CEO for North America Jon Steinberg
- 3D Robotics cofounder and CEO Chris Anderson
- former Apple CEO John Sculley
P.S. If you’re interested in joining the IGNITION community by sponsoring, contact [email protected]
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.