- On Thursday morning, Joe Biden announced that he’s running for president.
- He joins over a dozen other Democrats in the primary race.
- But following his campaign announcement, many fixated on his terrible logo.
- His logo employs an E that looks like three stripes. People don’t think it works.
- Others just found the design to be inherently flawed.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Former Vice President Joe Biden is officially running for president of the US in 2020.
Biden announced his candidacy in a video posted early Thursday, making him the 20th Democrat to enter the presidential race.
The core values of this nation… our standing in the world… our very democracy…everything that has made America — America –is at stake. That’s why today I’m announcing my candidacy for President of the United States. #Joe2020 https://t.co/jzaQbyTEz3
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) April 25, 2019
Amid his announcement, one thing stuck out: the former vice president’s 2020 logo.
A key motif in his campaign imagery is replacing a capital E with three red stripes, evoking the American flag.
Here’s how his logo appears at the end of his campaign announcement video:
The same motif is on Biden’s Twitter icon:
People on Twitter had thoughts about Biden’s logo – namely, that they do not like it.
I'm voting Joe Biden…… for having the worst campaign logo. Dude. pic.twitter.com/ByS6rtS98J
— Pé (@4everNeverTrump) April 25, 2019
how do I unsee joe’s biden campaign logo
— Nick (@unfollowbrands) April 25, 2019
Thinking about doing a 30-tweet-long thread on Joe Biden’s campaign logo because I hate my followers and myself
— Chris Scott (@iamchrisscott) April 25, 2019
Joe Biden took like 18 months to get his campaign launched and this is the best logo they came up with? pic.twitter.com/4MnyXvAuWk
— Gustavo Quiroga (@GooseQ) April 25, 2019
A few called attention to how the stylised E makes his name difficult to read.
We’re all on the same page about how this looks like it says “Jo,” right? pic.twitter.com/Iv8VObirX0
— Alexandra DeSanctis (@xan_desanctis) April 25, 2019
who is Jo pic.twitter.com/NMZ0t35uMe
— Alexandra Petri (@petridishes) April 25, 2019
Some took issue with the 2s:
In any case, he’s running. And this is his logo, folks.
- Read more:
- Trump welcomes ‘Sleepy Joe’ Biden to the 2020 race by insulting his intelligence and bashing Democrats’ ‘very sick & demented ideas’
- Joe Biden’s 2020 announcement seized on images of Charlottesville violence to declare a battle for the soul of the nation
- Joe Biden is running for president in 2020, warning that another term of Trump would tarnish America’s soul forever
- Joe Biden says he told Obama not to formally endorse him
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.