Photo: João Trindade via Flickr
The Jobs Report comes out at 8:30 AM ET.Here are the key numbers, via Bloomberg, to watch:
- Change in non-farm payrolls: Analysts expect 155K new jobs vs. 120K in the previous month.
- Change in private payrolls: 178K expected vs. 140K last month.
- Unemployment rate: 8.7% expected vs. 8.6% in November.
- Average hourly earnings: +0.2% vs. -0.1% in November.
- Average weekly hours of all employees: 34.3 weekly expected.
Just as a refresher of some other data we’ve seen: Yesterday we got a lights out 325K number from ADP (which only measures private payrolls) and initial jobless claims continue to grind lower, staying below 400K.
Oh, and one other chart we’ve been watching closely is the average duration of unemployment. Would love to see this one drop.