Business Insider is hiring an Entertainment Editor. We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with all things movies, TV, and music – from the latest gossip headlines to the biggest industry developments. The ideal candidate reads both the gossip rags and the trade sites.
Among other things, this person would:
- Assign, edit and write content, plan and manage coverage for the section
- Manage a small team of writers
- Keep the page lively and up to date
- Have an area of specialty, preferably television and movies
- Have an eye for video clips, either on the Internet or pulled from live TV, that will have viral appeal
- Curate a weekly slide show on the industry’s winners and losers
- Desire to be the most famous and widely-respected reporter on the beat in the entire world.
A year or two of experience writing about entertainment for the web is preferred, as is proficiency in Photoshop. Also important: you read Business Insider and understand what we’re all about. If this position interests you, please send a resume and clips to [email protected] Please explain in your email why you’re the one for the job. Thanks in advance. (Please note: This position is full-time in our Manhattan headquarters.)
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.