Business Insider’s tech section, Tech Insider, is looking for a full-time reporter to join our consumer products team.
On the consumer products team at Tech Insider, we cover and review every technology that consumers can try and buy: smartphones, tablets, computers, video games, apps, online services, wearable tech, virtual reality, and more. Our style is smart, conversational, exciting, and geared toward a general audience.
Our ideal tech reporter will be able to accurately report on the latest gadgets and consumer electronics, but also use their own experiences to inspire ideas for features, slideshows, or original reports. You will also likely be called on for a quick news post or a visual feature, based on the needs of the tech section.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A background in reporting on consumer technologies — smartphones, gadgets, games, or any kind of technology people routinely use, like routers and headphones
– The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where quick turn-around times are expected
– An attention to detail when it comes to accuracy and an understanding of how to write about consumer technologies for a general audience
– An ability to notice trends in consumer technology, write about them, and review them knowledgeably
– An ability to draw from your own experiences to write stories about consumer technologies
– Prior experience working in a newsroom
– Social media savvy is a plus
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter.
This opening is immediate and is based out of our NYC office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.