- J.J. Watt took part in a Green Bay tradition this week ahead of the Texans’ joint practice with the Packers, riding on the bicycle of a young fan from the locker room to the fields.
- Unfortunately for him, the first bike he rode broke under his weight.
- Watt had a good attitude about the moment though, and has already set up the young fan with a new bike.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
J.J. Watt was provided a unique opportunity ahead of the Houston Texans’ joint practices with the Packers in Green Bay this week.
Before each practice, Packers players meet with kids from the local community who offer up their bicycles for the quick journey from the locker rooms to the fields.
As a Wisconsin native, Watt was unsurprisingly eager to take part in the tradition. Unfortunately for him, things didn’t go according to plan.
The most iconic athlete born in every state
After Watt began to pedal on one young fan’s bike, the seat appeared to give under his weight, prompting him to get up and carry the bike for a bit.
— Olivia Reiner (@ReinerOlivia) August 5, 2019
Watt quickly found another bike to take off on, this one noticeably more capable of carrying him.
— Lily Zhao (@LilySZhao) August 5, 2019
Thankfully, the two-time defensive player of the year had a good attitude about the tradition, telling reporters later that a new bicycle was already on the way to the young fan.
Poor bike never stood a chance.
We got my man Biraj all set up to get a new one though, no worries!! https://t.co/xUZnD1z8HN
— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) August 6, 2019
Watt is listed at nearly 288 lbs. of what appears to be all muscle, so fans offering up their bikes in the future may be wise to be wary of the Texans big man.
That said, if any youngsters in the greater Green Bay area are looking for a shortcut to a new bike, now might be your chance.
- Read more:
- FANTASY FOOTBALL RANKINGS: The expert consensus on the top 20 quarterbacks of 2019
- Baker Mayfield shotgunned a beer on the jumbotron at a Cleveland Indians game and sparked a 5-run rally
- Le’Veon Bell apologised to fantasy players after holding out for the entire 2018 season, and now fans that drafted him are asking him to refund their league dues
- FANTASY FOOTBALL RANKINGS: Here’s the expert consensus on the top 50 players
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.