- Jim Carrey tweeted another drawing critical of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday as Zuckerberg testified in front of lawmakers for the second day.
- Carrey depicted Zuckerberg as an alien who has come to destroy Earth to “prevent any further election meddling.”
- Carrey has been critical of Zuckerberg and Facebook in the past, even deleting Facebook account and dumping his stock earlier this year.
Jim Carrey is once again targeting Mark Zuckerberg in his latest political drawing, this time portraying the Facebook founder as an alien who’s come to destroy Earth to “prevent any further election meddling.”
Carrey tweeted the drawing on Wednesday as Zuckerberg testified in front of lawmakers for the second day on Facebook’s handling of personal information and its role in Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
The drawing portrays Zuckerberg as a Marvin the Martian-like alien with the caption: “Congress gets a visit from planet Zuckerberg. ‘I shall prevent any further election meddling by destroying the Earth with my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator App! The sudden drop in Facebook’s stock has made me angry! VERY ANGRY INDEED!!!'”
Congress gets a visit from planet Zuckerberg. “I shall prevent any further election meddling by destroying the Earth with my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator App! The sudden drop in Facebook’s stock has made me angry! VERY ANGRY INDEED!!!” pic.twitter.com/qwCpJoUqnS
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) April 11, 2018
This isn’t the first time Carrey has criticised Facebook or Zuckerberg.
In February, Carrey announced he would be deleting his Facebook account and dumping his stock in the company because he said Facebook “profited” from Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Last month, after it was reported that data-firm Cambridge Analytica harvested personal information from millions of Facebook users, Carrey tweeted a drawing of Zuckerberg with the thumbs-down sign and the caption, “Who are you sharing your life with? #regulatefacebook.”
Carrey has become very active on Twitter posting political artwork, and shows no signs of slowing down, as this is the eighth drawing he’s tweeted this month.
More on Jim Carrey:
- Jim Carrey goes after Sean Hannity with a drawing of him as a WWE wrestler
- Jim Carrey has taken his criticism of Trump to a new level with a sexually-explicit drawing of the president
- Jim Carrey loves the conservative backlash to his unflattering Sarah Huckabee Sanders portrait
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.