- Jennifer Lopez appeared on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Wednesday and explained how she’s been preparing for her role as a stripper her next movie.
- The film is called “Hustlers” and based on a real-life story about former strip club employees who seek revenge against their Wall Street clients.
- Lopez said that she has a portable pole in her home and has been working with a Cirque Du Soleil performer to learn the moves.
- “I have bruises everywhere,” Lopez said. “It’s so hard. I have a lot of respect for people who do the pole.”
Jennifer Lopez is currently preparing to play a stripper in an upcoming movie called “Hustlers,” and she says that she has a new appreciation for exotic dancers.
“I have bruises everywhere,” Lopez said. “It’s so hard. I have a lot of respect for people who do the pole.”
The 49-year-old entertainer appeared on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Wednesday and detailed her training for the film, which is based on a New York Magazine article about former strip club employees who seek revenge against their Wall Street clients.
Lopez explained that as part of her training, she got a portable pole for her home and has been working with a Cirque du Soleil performer.
“It’s like acrobatics,” the “Dinero” singer said of trying to learn the various moves. “It’s different muscle groups”
14 celebrities who used to be strippers
Recently, Lopez opened up about the 10-day no-carb, no-sugar challenge that she completed with boyfriend Alex Rodriguez in preparation for “Hustlers” and the outfits that she’ll be wearing in the movie.
She told Ellen DeGeneres that although she exercises often and tries to maintain a healthy lifestyle, carbs and sugars make up most of her diet, so she initially struggled with the temporary change.
“It was really hard,” she said. “Not only do you get a headache, but you feel like you’re in an alternate reality or universe. You don’t feel like yourself. You realise that you’re addicted to sugar.”
Watch the video below (Lopez talks about her new movie at 2:20).
- Read more about Lopez:
- Jennifer Lopez defends her controversial Motown tribute at the 2019 Grammys: ‘You can’t tell people what to love’
- Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez blew each other kisses while posing together on the Grammys red carpet and fans couldn’t handle it
- Jennifer Lopez’s photo of her sculpted abs caught the attention of both her current boyfriend Alex Rodriguez and one of her exes
- Jennifer Lopez takes the blame for her past failed relationships: ‘It was about me figuring out me’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.