- Jennifer Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter with Marc Anthony, Emme Muñiz, performed at the Super Bowl halftime show alongside her mum.
- This wasn’t Emme’s first performance. She’s previously sung alongside Lopez on tour and appeared in her mother’s “Limitless” music video.
- Lopez previously called her daughter “a little me” and “a natural,” saying that Emme has been singing since she was a small child, although she is not sure yet if her daughter wants to become a professional singer.
- Anthony shared his parental pride on Twitter after the Super Bowl half time show, writing, “Emme Daddy is so proud of you. You are my ❤ and I am forever yours.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
NFL fans are calling the Super Bowl 2020 halftime show the best halftime show in years because of electrifying performances from Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, and featured singers J Balvin and Bad Bunny’. But the real showstopper: Emme Muñiz, the 11-year-old daughter of Lopez and ex-husband Marc Anthony.
Emme took to the stage with Lopez and Shakira, accompanying a children’s choir during “Let’s Get Loud” before flawlessly soloing during her mother’s cover of Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the U.S.A.” (Lopez performed the song clad in a double-sided American and Puerto Rico flag, a nod to her Puerto Rican roots.)
This isn’t the first time Emme has shared the spotlight with her mother. Last year, she performed with Lopez during a live show in Los Angeles, and the tween also appeared in her mother’s music video for the song “Limitless.”
Although Lopez isn’t sure whether her daughter wants to become a professional singer, Lopez called her “a natural” in an interview last year with Harper’s Bazaar, adding that she is “ a little me.” Emme’s father, Anthony, is also excited to see Emme following in his and Lopez’s footsteps.
After the halftime performance, Anthony tweeted, “Emme Daddy is so proud of you. You are my ❤ and I am forever yours.”
Emme Daddy is so proud of you. You are my ❤ and I am forever yours. pic.twitter.com/GLhmZOneBv
— Marc Anthony (@MarcAnthony) February 3, 2020
Lopez previously said that her daughter inherited her voice from her father, Anthony
“She’s got her daddy’s voice,” Lopez previously told Entertainment Tonight.
Emme, Lopez also said in the interview, had a connection with music almost from birth.
“I remember when she was in the crib when she was a baby, she used to be humming, like, really humming to herself. And Marc would say, ‘She’s singing, it feels good to her, it feels good to her soul and to her body.'”
Emme herself has also spoken about her connection to music, saying that she doesn’t get stage fright and being on stage feels right.
“I like being up on the stage and the dancers are all behind me,” Emme said in a video on Lopez’s Youtube channel. “Because, every show, I look in a different direction to see who’s behind me.My favourite person to see is my mum.”
- Read more:
- Jennifer Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter Emme performed with her mum at the Super Bowl and sang her heart out
- Jennifer Lopez showed off her pole dancing skills during the Super Bowl halftime show, and fans are joking that it was revenge for her Oscars snub
- Fans are raving about Shakira and Jennifer Lopez’s Super Bowl halftime show, the best one in years by far
- The best memes from Shakira and Jennifer Lopez’s Super Bowl halftime show