- Jennifer Lopez rocked a white Valentino gown with huge green and gold bows at the 2020 Golden Globes, which took place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, on Sunday.
- Lopez paired the gown with more than 145 carats of sparkling emeralds and diamonds from Harry Winston.
- She walked the red carpet with fiancé Alex Rodriguez, who sported a classic black tuxedo.
- Some Twitter users compared Lopez’s dress to a Christmas gift, while others loved the dramatic ensemble.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Christmas has come and gone, but Jennifer Lopez still channeled the holiday spirit with her Golden Globes gown.
The “Hustlers” star sported a white strapless Valentino gown with large gold and green bows right in the middle as she walked the red carpet at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, on Sunday.
Lopez paired the gown with a braided updo and more than 145 carats of sparkling emeralds and diamonds from Harry Winston.
Fans watching at home had mixed reactions to Lopez’s gown, with some praising the red-carpet favourite’s bold choice.
— WeddingWire (@WeddingWire) January 6, 2020
But others believed Lopez’s ensemble was just a tad too festive.
— Ethan Anderton (@Ethan_Anderton) January 6, 2020
— Doug Jamieson (@itsdougjam) January 6, 2020
Lopez is nominated for her first Golden Globe in 22 years. She was previously nominated in 1998 for her breakthrough role in “Selena.”
The fashion icon was nominated this year for her role as stripper Ramona Vega in “Hustlers,” which she learned how to pole dance for.
Lopez told Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet that she wanted to make sure viewers knew she didn’t use a stunt double for her iconic dance in the film.
“I was on a pole,” she told the E! host. “I was like, ‘Please get a close-up of my face. I don’t care if I look like a bat hanging upside-down.'”
Rodriguez also said he was more than happy for Lopez to practice for the film.
“One great benefit is having a pole in our bedroom,” he quipped.
- Read more:
- Billy Porter looked like an angel at the 2020 Golden Globes wearing a white suit with a feather train that zips off
- 23 iconic looks celebrities wore on the Golden Globes red carpet
- Our predictions for who will win big at the 2020 Golden Globes – and who should win
- Alex Rodriguez took phone pictures of Jennifer Lopez on the red carpet, proving he’s the ultimate Instagram fiancé
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.