- Jennifer Dulos, a 50-year-old mum of five from New Canaan, Connecticut, went missing amid a long divorce battle.
- On Saturday, police arrested her estranged husband and his girlfriend in connection to the case, according to multiple outlets including CBS News and the New York Times.
- Police charged Fotis Dulos, 51, and Michelle Troconis, his reported 44-year-old girlfriend, with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.
- Dulos went missing on May 24 and has still not been found.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
On Saturday, police arrested her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, 51, and 44-year-old Michelle Troconis in connection to the case. According to The New York Times, Troconis is Fotis’ girlfriend. They were each charged with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence, and hindering prosecution, police told CBS News.
They were arrested after police obtained a search warrant to search Fotis’ house, according to PIX 11.
Court documents reviewed by the Stamford Advocate show that the mother of five has been in the midst of a bitter custody battle with her estranged husband, who is construction business owner, since 2017.
According to documents obtained by CNN-affiliated WTC, Dulos said she was “afraid” of her husband.
“I know that filing for divorce and filing this motion will enrage him,” she said. “I know he will retaliate by trying to harm me in some way.”
The documents show that she grew especially fearful when he purchased a handgun in 2017, as she believed he had “revenge fantasies” about harming others.
Both Fotis and Troconis are being held on $US500,000 bonds. They are both expected to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on June 3.
Dulos was reported missing from New Canaan around 7:30 p.m. on May 24, according to the Connecticut Post. She was last seen driving a 2017 black Chevy Suburban, which was discovered on Friday. Dulos was
The Dulos children are currently staying with family members.
- Read more:
- After a man died on a hike, his dog stayed by his side and helped rescuers find them
- The mother of murdered South Carolina college student Samantha Josephson called her daughter’s alleged killer ‘evil’
- A 23-year-old British backpacker’s body has been found in Guatemala, one week after she left her hostel before dawn carrying nothing but a stray puppy
- Rescuers in West Virginia are racing to find 3 people who have been missing inside an abandoned coal mine for 4 days
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.