- Brad Pitt made a joke during his SAG Awards acceptance speech about playing a character who “doesn’t get on with his wife,” and Jennifer Aniston’s reaction was priceless.
- Pitt, 56, won the SAG award for best supporting actor for his work in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”
- “It was a difficult part,” Pitt said. “The guy who gets high, takes his shirt off, and doesn’t get on with his wife. It’s a big stretch.”
- The camera panned at one point to Aniston, who was seen smiling and clapping at her ex-husband’s comments.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Pitt, 56, won best supporting actor for his work in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” and he referred to that role during his acceptance speech.
“Let’s be honest, it was a difficult part,” he said. “The guy who gets high, takes his shirt off, and doesn’t get on with his wife. It’s a big stretch. Big.”
It then showed the 50-year-old Aniston smiling and clapping at her ex-husband’s comments.
Pitt then proceeded to talk about the connections he drew between the film and his personal life.
“Each of us in this room, we know pain, we know loneliness, we bring that to the screen,” he said. “We have moments of grace, we’ve had moments of wisdom, we bring that to the screen.”
You can watch his speech in the clip below:
"Seriously, Quentin has separated more women from their shoes than the TSA." Brad Pitt is full of quips as he accepts the #SAGAwards statue for best supporting actor in a film https://t.co/duqdI5q1az pic.twitter.com/Kb1kL0LqR6
— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) January 20, 2020
It was a successful night for the former couple, as Aniston also took home the award for best actress in a drama series for her role in “The Morning Show,” which she produced alongside her costar Reese Witherspoon.
- Read more:
- Jennifer Aniston gave a shout-out to Adam Sandler after he was snubbed by the SAG Awards and the Oscars
- Joaquin Phoenix paid a touching tribute to Heath Ledger in his SAG Awards acceptance speech
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge thanked her makeup artist for drawing abs on her as she wore a sheer ensemble to the SAG Awards
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.