Yesterday we liveblogged the latest conference call from DoubleLine Capital’s Jeff Gundlach. The title of his presentation was “Now What?”
Among the key points:
- It will be a long time before yields rise, although they will rise eventually.
- It’s natural that Treasuries would rally into a debt ceiling standoff, as the outcome of a failure to raise the ceiling would be sharp austerity.
- DoubleLine is not betting on ANY recovery in housing.
- Concentration of wealth is a growing and problematic issue for America. It will most likely be solved by higher taxes (which will also be employed for reducing the debt).
- Cash and gold are both good options. Silver is not. Avoid the PIIGS and subprime.