- Reese Witherspoon received a pleasant surprise when she arrived home in Los Angeles – a bouquet of flowers and a case of Jay-Z’sAce of Spades Champagne.
- Witherspoon showed her Instagram followers her new goodies and a handwritten note courtesy of the Carters.
- The gesture came after a story from the Golden Globes on Sunday in which the actress requested a glass of the rapper’s Champagne when her table ran out of water.
- “I just got home from New York, and the most beautiful flowers are here and a case of Ace of Spades Champagne,” the actress said on her Instagram Story.
- The 43-year-old also got her mum, Betty, involved in the taste-testing side of things – and both mother and daughter were visibly impressed, calling the bottle of bubbly “delicious.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jay-Z sent a case of his Ace of Spades Champagne to Reese Witherspoon after the Hollywood actress asked the rapper if she could have a glass at the Golden Globes.
On Thursday, Witherspoon showed her Instagram followers a big black box tied with gold ribbon and even a handwritten note: “More water from Jay and B.”
Jennifer Aniston had posted on Instagram that Witherspoon had asked the Carters for some Champagne after her table ran out of water at the award show on Sunday night.
To test the Champagne, Witherspoon got her mum, Betty, to help give the verdict.
“It’s 11.30 and we’re drinking Champagne,” Witherspoon joked with her mum, who then asked whether it’s too early to start drinking.
“Who cares? It’s from Jay-Z and Beyoncé,” Witherspoon exclaimed.
After Witherspoon popped open the shiny gold bottle, the mother-daughter duo took a sip and said it was delicious.
Betty Witherspoon looked thrilled, with her daughter advising the Carters in the clip to “put her in a commercial!”
“When grandma gets drunk,” the elder Witherspoon jokingly coined the slogan.
Jay-Z paid $US200 million in 2014 to purchase a share in the high-end French alcohol company Armand de Brignac. Its normal-size bottles retail for $US300, but the company is known for its giant versions.
Rappers often refer to the Champagne as “Ace of Spades” because of its branding.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.