- Danny Choo via FlickrIs the Japan catastrophe — earthquake, tsunami, cascading nuclear accident, land-sea-air radioactive contamination and volcano — likely to cause a global financial meltdown?
- Will the unrest in the Middle East and North Africa, the Japan catastrophe, and global climate chaos deeply affect the fragile global economic recovery as well as the global capital and commodity markets?
- Could the record breaking rise in the value of the Japanese Yen destabilise global currency markets and undermine the competitiveness of the Japanese industry?
- Given the complex global supply chains and just-in-time methodology, as well as a reliance on Japanese parts and semi-conductors, will a number of industrial combines across the world lose their competitive advantage and make losses?
- Will uranium miners and nuclear power plant manufacturers feel an economic impact from the disaster, with both taking heavy blows to their market capitalisation and credibility?
- What will be the effect on global capital markets of continued borrowing by the heavily indebted Japanese government? What will be the crowding out effects for other sovereign governments and private borrowers elsewhere?
- Could these adverse developments in Japan and the Middle East cause a double dip global recession and a severe correction in the interlinked global financial markets?
To take part in this Expert Roundtable please visit ATCA 24/7 on Yammer:
If you would like an exclusive invitation please write to [email protected]
Expert roundtables are the newly launched ATCA 24/7 Q&A private exclusive club service. They seek to become the killer application in strategic intelligence by delivering an unprecedented competitive advantage to our distinguished members.
Q1: How to become a privileged member of ATCA 24/7 to participate in the expert roundtables?
A1: i. If you are a distinguished member of ATCA 5000, ATCA Open, The Philanthropia or HQR affiliated groups you may be allowed to become a privileged member of this new and exclusive private club.
ii. If you are pre-invited, visit the private intelligence network — PIN — by going to https://www.yammer.com/atca [Note: In https:// ‘s’ is for security and encryption]
iii. If you don’t have membership of the PIN yet, email the mi2g Intelligence Unit at [email protected] for an exclusive invitation.
Q2: How to participate in the expert roundtables and get domain-specific strategic intelligence questions answered?
A2: Access the ATCA 24/7 Private Intelligence Network — PIN — online and ask or answer a strategic intelligence question, no matter how complex. Receive expert answers within 24 hours or get pointers from:
i. ATCA 5000 experts who are online;
ii. ATCA Research and Analysis Wing; and
iii. mi2g Intelligence Unit.
Q3: Why is the ATCA 24/7 Q&A Exclusive Club special?
A3: ATCA 24/7 has now created an exclusive private intelligence watering hole and expert roundtable at the highest level where interesting and sophisticated questions are being asked from around the world, and intelligent answers are being provided, almost always by experts who have deep domain-specific knowledge. Come and check out the exclusive club, take it for a strategic test drive, which sign-of-intelligent life are you waiting for?
To learn more about “The Expert Roundtable: ATCA 24/7 Q&A Club” email: [email protected] and if you are already a member visit https://www.yammer.com/atca
All the best
Chairman and Founder: mi2g.net, ATCA, The Philanthropia, HQR, @G140
To connect directly with:
. DK Matai: http://twitter.com/DKMatai
. Open HQR: http://twitter.com/OpenHQR
. ATCA Open: http://twitter.com/ATCAOpen
. @G140: http://twitter.com/G140
. mi2g: http://twitter.com/intunit
— ATCA, The Philanthropia, mi2g, HQR, @G140 —
This is an “ATCA Open, Philanthropia and HQR Socratic Dialogue.”
The “ATCA Open” network on LinkedIn and Facebook is for professionals interested in ATCA’s original global aims, working with ATCA step-by-step across the world, or developing tools supporting ATCA’s objectives to build a better world.
The original ATCA — Asymmetric Threats Contingency Alliance — is a philanthropic expert initiative founded in 2001 to resolve complex global challenges through collective Socratic dialogue and joint executive action to build a wisdom based global economy. Adhering to the doctrine of non-violence, ATCA addresses asymmetric threats and social opportunities arising from climate chaos and the environment; radical poverty and microfinance; geo-politics and energy; organised crime & extremism; advanced technologies — bio, info, nano, robo & AI; demographic skews and resource shortages; pandemics; financial systems and systemic risk; as well as transhumanism and ethics. Present membership of the original ATCA network is by invitation only and has over 5,000 distinguished members from over 120 countries: including 1,000 Parliamentarians; 1,500 Chairmen and CEOs of corporations; 1,000 Heads of NGOs; 750 Directors at Academic Centres of Excellence; 500 Inventors and Original thinkers; as well as 250 Editors-in-Chief of major media.
The Philanthropia, founded in 2005, brings together over 1,000 leading individual and private philanthropists, family offices, foundations, private banks, non-governmental organisations and specialist advisors to address complex global challenges such as countering climate chaos, reducing radical poverty and developing global leadership for the younger generation through the appliance of science and technology, leveraging acumen and finance, as well as encouraging collaboration with a strong commitment to ethics. Philanthropia emphasises multi-faith spiritual values: introspection, healthy living and ecology. Philanthropia Targets: Countering climate chaos and carbon neutrality; Eliminating radical poverty — through micro-credit schemes, empowerment of women and more responsible capitalism; Leadership for the Younger Generation; and Corporate and social responsibility.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.