Photo: Warner Bros.
- James Cameron, Jerry Weintraub and Arnold Schwarzenegger are producing a docu-series of six to eight hour-long episodes titled “Years of Living Dangerously” about climate change airing in 2013 on Showtime. “We’ll make it exciting. We’ll make it investigative,” says Cameron. “We’ll bring people the truth. And people are always hungry for the truth.” Matt Damon, Don Cheadle and Alec Baldwin will narrate.
- Lady Gaga purchased 55 items of Michael Jackson memorabilia at an auction in Beverly Hills on Sunday that raked in $5 million. She later tweeted, “The 55 pieces I collected today will be archived & expertly cared for in the spirit & love of Michael Jackson, his bravery, & fans worldwide.”
- Seth MacFarlane’s follow-up to the super succesful “Ted” will be “Blazing Saddles”-like “A Million Ways to Die in the West,” which sources say MacFarlane is planning to star in and direct, for summer 2013.
- Dustin Hoffman wants Hillary Clinton in office in 2016. When we asked if he’d ever co-star alongside Hillary in a movie, replied, “No … because I think she’ll be IN office.”
- Hugh Jackman gave his “Les Miserables” co-star Amanda Seyfried a very public lap dance in honour of her birthday — something he usually only reserves for Barbara Walters. “I once gave Barbara Walters a lap dance and I promised her I would never do it again, but seeing as she is not here tonight … “
- Sorry, “Boardwalk Empire” fans, this season’s rating were not quite as high as last year’s. 2.7 million viewers tuned in this week to see the season finale of the hit HBO show, but that’s about 300,000 viewers shy of the December 2011 finale, which brought in 3 million viewers. Good try!
- Fleetwood Mac will embark on their first tour in three years next year. The Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 tour kicks off April 4 and will includes 34 cities. Mark your calendars, tickets officially go on sale Dec. 14.
- Jon Bon Jovi says he was “shocked” and had “no idea” about his 19-year-old daughter’s drug problem, but says “You surround them with the best help and love and move on, and that’s where we’re at with it.”
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.