- Logan Paul has been linked to a boxing exhibition involving Floyd Mayweather Jr. for months.
- But his younger brother, Jake Paul, told Insider recently that he’d find it difficult to watch such a fight, as Logan Paul would probably be easily beaten.
- “If he can’t beat KSI, what makes him think he can beat Floyd Mayweather?” the younger Paul said. “I wouldn’t be able to watch – I wouldn’t want to see my brother get beat up like that.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jake Paul says it would be hard to watch his older brother take part in a boxing exhibition with Floyd Mayweather Jr. because he’d get easily beaten.
The 23-year-old YouTube creator starred at the behind-closed-doors event led by the exhibition between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. on Saturday at Staples Centre in Los Angeles, defeating the former NBA player Nate Robinson in the second round.
Before his brutal knockout win, he told Insider he didn’t know too much about the speculation linking his brother, Logan, to Mayweather.
“I don’t know,” Jake Paul said, adding: “Who knows if it’s actually going to happen? I don’t think anyone really knows.”
A former five-weight world boxing champion, Mayweather is not averse to boxing exhibitions. He took part in an unofficial bout against a young kickboxer named Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan in 2018.
A nonprofessional fight involving Logan Paul has been rumoured, and TMZ Sports reported in September that organising an exhibition had been discussed, as Paul’s representatives approached Mayweather’s about it.
Mayweather since said he’d fly to Japan for another exhibition,most likely to take place February 28.
Should Mayweather and Logan Paul organise one together, the younger Paul would find it hard to watch considering his brother, 25, has fought just one pro fight â€” a six-round loss to the fellow YouTube creator KSI.
“I just probably couldn’t watch the fight,” he said.
“If he can’t beat KSI, what makes him think he can beat Floyd Mayweather? I wouldn’t be able to watch â€” I wouldn’t want to see my brother get beat up like that. But we’ll see what the future brings.”
- Read more:
- Mike Tyson smoked a joint before the Roy Jones Jr. exhibition, threw 193 punches in 16 minutes, and said he’d do it all again
- Roy Jones Jr. said his body hurts everywhere Mike Tyson landed a punch: ‘He is capable of fighting anybody’
- Daniel Dubois was sent to hospital with a broken orbital bone one day after making a bad joke about his opponent’s blind mother
- Jake Paul scored a highlight-reel knockout for the ages when he left Nate Robinson face-down on the canvas in the second round
- Mike Tyson said boxing should be thankful for YouTubers and that creators like Jake Paul should be given a belt
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.