- Jack Black made a blunder when he revealed his favourite Christmas movie is “Elf,” forgetting that he was also in the festive favourite, “The Holiday.”
- Black was being interviewed by Variety on Monday for the premiere of his new film “Jumanji: The Next Level” when he was asked about his holiday movie of choice.
- “My favourite holiday film is, you know what, it’s got to be ‘Elf,’ because once again Jon Favreau … and Will Ferrell just knock it out of the park.”
- Black then had to be reminded by the interviewer that he too starred in a Christmas classic: “The Holiday.”
- “Do I have a Christmas movie? Which one is mine?” He asked. “Oh, ‘The Holiday!’ Obviously, ‘The Holiday.’ Nancy Meyers: genius!”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
After Variety complimented his “humility” in not answering with his own film, Black had to be reminded by the interviewer that he too starred in a Christmas classic: “The Holiday.”
“Do I have a Christmas movie? Which one is mine?” He asked.
“Oh, ‘The Holiday!’ Obviously, ‘The Holiday.’ Nancy Meyers … genius!”
Jack Black forgot he was in a holiday movie for a second there pic.twitter.com/b6KdWR1hXY
— Variety (@Variety) December 10, 2019
He told the publication that he was flattered that director Meyers had specifically chosen him for the part, but he “didn’t really know” if he could do it justice.
“But Nancy insisted that she saw me in all the skills that were necessary to be adorable!
“I’m used to be crazy and rock-n-rolly, which is a little different than this world. For me, it was chance to stretch a little bit” Black told IndieWire.
Black’s current movie sees the actor reprise his 2017 role as cartographer Professor Shelly Oberon in the latest reboot of “Jumanji”, the original of which famously starred the late Robin Williams in 1997.
“Jumanji: The Next Level” is in theatres worldwide on December 13.