- A moving truck was spotted outside Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner’s Washington, DC, mansion on Thursday.
- The truck – a College Hunks Hauling Junk vehicle – could very well just be for trash disposal, but it could also suggest that the couple is on the move.
- The pair reportedly dropped $US32 million on an empty lot on a high-security private island in Miami last month.
- Known as Miami’s “Billionaire Bunker,” the tony private island Indian Creek boasts its own police force and a number of ultrawealthy residents, which may soon include the president’s daughter and son-in-law.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have been living in a 7,000-square-foot mansion in the ritzy Kalorama neighbourhood of Washington, DC, since early 2017. The residence costs them $US15,000 per month in rent and features modern finishes and sky-high ceilings, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Weeks before President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, they might be moving out of it.
Hunter Walker, a Washington reporter for Yahoo News, posted a photo on Twitter Thursday showing what appears to be a moving truck outside the couple’s Kalorama home.
Someone just sent me this photo of moving trucks at Jared and Ivanka's house. pic.twitter.com/fll6OiiBHX
— Hunter Walker (@hunterw) January 7, 2021
The vehicle in question, a bright-orange truck emblazoned with the well-known College Hunks Hauling Junk brand, could very well just amount to the couple getting rid of unwanted items â€” but it could also signal that the couple is gearing up to leave Washington after Wednesday’s insurrection.
Trump received extensive criticism for a tweet during the insurrection that appeared to refer to rioters as “American patriots,” which she quickly deleted.
Last month, Kushner and Trump dropped $US32 million on an empty lot in Miami’s “Billionaire Bunker” private island, Indian Creek, Page Six reported. The island boasts its own police force and a number of superstar residents â€” the couple bought the property from Julio Iglesias, Page Six said.
The list includes Kushner’s brother Joshua and his wife, the supermodel Karlie Kloss, who bought a $US23.5 million mansion nearby in August, Page Six reported. Both properties are within an hour and a half drive of “the winter White House,” Mar-a-Lago, where President Donald Trump is expected to decamp to following the end of his term.
The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.