1. Chief financial officers get involved in material accounting manipulations because:
a) They succumb to pressure from their CEOs
b) They want the money
2. The quality of earnings reported by politically connected companies around the world is significantly:
a) Better than that of similar non-connected companies
b) Poorer than that of similar non-connected companies
3. Yale University investigators find evidence that, following the SEC’s 2003 proxy voting disclosure rule, mutual funds’ support for management equity incentive plans actually:
4. What effect have environmental shareholder resolutions had on the pollution management practices of US corporates?
5. How much more likely are analysts to cover local IPO firms than non-local ones?
a) 25 per cent
b) 51 per cent
c) 67 per cent
6. The percentage of analyst stock recommendation changes having a visible share price impact is:
a) 12 b) 36 c) 100
7. Among large Hong Kong firms, good corporate governance:
a) Predicts future market valuation
b) Has no impact on future market valuation
8. Institutional investors sell the stock of firms that appoint women to their boards because:
a) Profits tend to suffer
b) They are biased against women
9. A mix of different educational backgrounds in IR teams:
a) Dampens shareholder activism
b) Has no effect on shareholder activism
c) Is linked to increased shareholder activism.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.