Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
Interpublic is finally set to go to court over former employee Joy C. Noel’s claims of discrimination. Noel alleges that she was never promoted due to the dark colour of her skin. The trial will begin June 3, so stay tuned. Read highlights from the initial lawsuit — including claims that she was treated like a “mere servant” — here.
A handful of Huge employees, including founding partner Gene Liebel, decided to jump ship and start their own digital shop called Work & Company. And the Dumbo-based shop already has two clients: Bedrocket Media Ventures and Google Creative Labs.
Here’s how the New York Times is “reinventing” the banner ad.
CP+B hired Josh Leutz as a creative director. He comes from Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners where he worked on Google, MINI, and Priceline.
Video-centric online news source Now This News will now have sponsored video content.
After shopping for new agencies for six months and listening to their pitches, Porsche decided it didn’t want anything new after all and stuck with Cramer-Krasselt.
Accenture won the $315 million digital marketing business for Acquity Group.
Social media agency Carrot Creative just changed its website from carrotcreative.com to carrot.is.
B-Reel made a video for Google Chrome that chronicles the company’s contributions to the evolution of the internet.
Ad Age has the skinny on the word “skinny” and how it took over the marketing world.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- The 20 Most Valuable Brands In The World
- Tumblr’s Ad Sales Pitch Deck Says Brands Will Now Be ‘Front And centre’
- Each ‘Game Of Thrones’ House Reimagined As A Global Corporation
- Qantas Commissioned Novels That Are The Exact Length Of Their Flight Times
- This Poster For Lars von Trier’s ‘Nymphomaniac’ Is The Weirdest Movie Ad We’ve Ever Seen
- Why Yahoo Paid $1.1 Billion For Tumblr Even Though It Only Has $13 Million In Revenue
- Yes, Yahoo Will Put More Ads On Tumblr
- 80% Of Media Buyers Think Google UK Isn’t Telling The Truth About Ads
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.