Hi and welcome to Insider Advertising for April 8. I’m senior advertising reporter Lauren Johnson, and here’s what’s going on:
If this email was forwarded to you, sign up here for your daily insider’s guide to advertising and media.
- Advertising agencies are redesigning offices with hybrid staff in mind, Lindsay Rittenhouse reported.
- The new way of working is letting some companies like WPP and MDC Partners reduce real estate and costs.
- Companies are also taking permanent remote workers and burnout into account.
- Ad giant Publicis Groupe is supporting The Trade Desk’s alternative to third-party ad-targeting cookies, Unified ID 2.0, Patrick Coffee and I reported.
- Publicis is the first ad holding company to support the effort, following a number of adtech companies.
- The Trade Desk is trying to get buy-in for its solution to Apple and Google phasing out those cookies.
Porter Novelli’s CEO lays out his plan to revive the PR firm after office closures and years of decline
- Omnicom PR agency Porter Novelli is trying to turn itself around after years of decline, Sean Czarnecki reported.
- It’s refocusing on purpose-driven marketing, helping win work from clients like Sony and the Recording Academy.
- But building a pitch around purpose is risky, and other PR firms are chasing similar work.
More stories we’re reading:
- Verizon just built a tool to vet its ads for bias and pledged to spend more on minority-owned media (Insider)
- How to get hired at Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, according to company insiders (Insider)
- Insurance startup Lemonade parts with its top marketer after just over a year (Insider)
- More US adults use YouTube than any other social media – but Facebook reigns supreme among older Americans (Insider)
- Andreessen Horowitz just ranked the top e-commerce marketplaces of 2021. Here’s a look inside the top 20, from Instacart to MasterClass. (Insider)
- Twitter held discussions for $4 billion takeover of Clubhouse (Bloomberg)
- Snap acquires Screenshop app to fuel shopping push (The Information)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.