We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic fellow to write about the British royal family as part of the Business Insider team in London.
The right candidate should be keen to learn the inner workings of the palace and explore the complex relationships that exist within the royal family.
Our fellowships are paid and run for six months from the start date. As a fellow at Business Insider you will get hands-on experience at one of the fastest-growing digital publications.
We want someone who can quickly and confidently write accurate news stories and who is excited to conduct interviews and compose more in-depth features.
This position would be perfect for someone who wants to write stories like these:
- The best photos from every single year of Prince Harry’s remarkable life
- Everything the Queen eats and drinks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- There’s a theory for why Prince William always holds George’s hand in public while Kate looks after Charlotte – and experts on royals say it could be true
- Inside the private hospital that treats the royal family
- What the Queen’s grandchildren call her in private
- Disappointing photos show what royal life is really like
This person will:
- Pitch, develop, and report on stories about the royal family
- Coordinate royals coverage across the desk, both in London and globally
- Develop relationships with key royal contacts and build a network of sources
- Cover breaking news as well as longer-form features
- Cover events and attend press briefings
The ideal candidate has:
- A background in journalism and experience working at a digital publication
- Strong writing samples, ideally on the lifestyle/royals beat, showing a mix of news and feature writing skills
- A self-starter attitude and strong organisational skills
- A love of Business Insider and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- UK work authorisation
Photoshop skills and a solid grasp of SEO are a plus.
Apply here with a CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include a link to your LinkedIn profile and at least 5 writing samples.
Please note that this fellowship requires that you work in our London office, near Aldgate East. Fellowships are paid and run for 6 months. Fellows are encouraged to work full-time (40 hours a week).
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.