- A good sense of how to frame appealing stories and headlines
- Strong instincts for viral news and trending stories
- A keen eye for how to turn news or trending topics into evergreen stories, and when to update existing stories
- Organizational skills and can juggle various spreadsheets, lots of data, and many contacts
- Creativity and is an out-of-the-box thinker who can brainstorm great story ideas across verticals
- Familiarity with the BI/INSIDER brands and our various verticals
- Attention to detail
- A familiarity with digital and social media
- The ability to work at a fast pace
This is a paid internship based out of our New York office. Interns are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and internships run for six months.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
INSIDER is great journalism about what passionate people actually want to know. That’s everything from news to food, celebrity to science, politics to sports and all the rest. It’s smart. It’s fearless. It’s fun. We push the boundaries of digital storytelling. Our mission is to inform and inspire.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.