Are you passionate about working with Unix/Linux systems? Do you have the skills to take on and conquer any problem before you, big or small? Do you understand that DevOps isn’t a skill, but a culture? How fast could you reprovision your entire stack if your data center melted in a fire? How do you reduce toil?
Business Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep financial, media, tech, and other industry verticals. Launched in 2007 by former top-ranked Wall Street analyst Henry Blodget and DoubleClick founders Dwight Merriman and Kevin Ryan, the site is now the largest business news site on the web. We offer a great work environment, great benefits, a collaborative team that has a lot of fun, and the opportunity to make a contribution on day one.
As one of our DevOps Engineers, you’ll be tasked with building and supporting scalable, secure, resilient infrastructure in AWS and other cloud providers. You will be an invaluable resource for our tech teams, our writers and editors, and the readership of the largest business new site in the world, providing awesome infrastructure, purposeful metrics, and actionable alerts to ensure we run a great site and have great lives outside of work.
Please apply right away and tell us why you’re a good fit for the role.
- Serve as a member of the DevOps team while managing overall system health, performance, and capacity of systems.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Business Insider’s infrastructure and applications
- Manage our global AWS services and infrastructure while assisting in the deployment of new features and products.
- Troubleshoot application and system issues, while communicating status to the rest of the team.
- Work with developers to cross-pollinate devops processes and ensure that new architecture keeps manageability, delivery, and operability in mind.
- Add the minimal amount of complexity to monitor, deploy, and scale a continuously growing environment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- You have built or supported resilient cloud applications at scale.
- You will learn and excel in many emerging technologies in the land of systems and CI/CD such as Jenkins, Varnish VCL, CDNs, and code effectively in programming languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- You are familiar with automation, configuration management and monitoring tools, concepts, and principles.
- You are effective at communicating in a fast-paced environment with other engineers and product managers.
- You have professional Linux Systems Operation experience in a production environment.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Ansible, GCP, Elasticsearch is a plus
This position is onsite in New York City. Please apply here!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.